Have questions about a stock or etf?

If you have questions about the technicals of any stock or ETF
simply leave a comment with your question on one of my daily posts or tweet me your question @DeadAgain803 and I will
analyze it for you.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Analysis for 08-29-11

Intraday:
                Today we got a “thank god the hurricane wasn’t as bad as we thought” rally.  After the initial jump we slowly drifted higher following a rather narrow channel taking us from lows of 1294 to a high of 1210.  This 1210 level is an area of resistance we should watch very carefully, there are several things that can happen from here.

Daily:
                The Di lines are moving closer together suggesting a bullish alignment but with the ADX still higher and turning downward we may see them bounce off each other.  Although the MACD is in a bullish alignment it remains in oversold territory.  And the stochastic is approaching overbought levels.  Having hit overhead resistance at 1210 with mixed signals I still remain bearish.  I believe that we will continue to see the formation of this pennant pattern or may advance a little more to form a bear flag.  I believe the former is more likely than the later. 

                Having hit overhead resistance we now look to gap support/resistance.  Often when there is a gap in price movements, that gap then becomes a support/resistance level when prices switch directions.  We have seen two of these recently, one today (G2) and one about a week and a half ago (G1).  Having hit this resistance level at 1210 we could push higher like I laid out last week when I talked about the double bottom swing trade bottoming pattern.  Or we could reverse off of the 1210 area and continue to form the pennant pattern before breaking down like I posted at the end of last week and above.  Or we could form a bear flag like I talked about above.  I wish I could give you a better idea of where this is going but right now there are no clear signals to know for sure.
               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment